I have many neuroses and anxieties on projects…
- I worry something will fall through the cracks
- I worry actions are open and not being taken care of
- I worry we don’t know what we don’t know
- I worry we may not make our commitment dates
- I worry we haven’t addressed all of the risks
All of these anxieties force me to make lists, double check work and constantly think about the program activities. Then I act on these items and ensure they get done. So in a way, my anxiety forces action which usually means a higher probability of delivering the projects I am on.
I also like it when my team members worry and are anxious. This means they are thinking about things and their worry will turn into action to resolve those things they are worried about. I want them to be worried and nervous because then I know that they are thinking about what could go wrong…after all Project Management is all about managing risk which means identification of them is critical.
Hmm now I am getting anxiety that no one is reading my blog so time to make another list.